Windows Live Writer : Free Blogging Tool for Blogger, Wordpress, Typepad etc


windows live writer
If you are a blogger, I am sure you will like to have tools that will make your blogging experience worthwhile. Well, one of such tools is Windows Live Writer.

What is Windows Live Writer?

Windows Live writer is free blogging software which makes it easier for bloggers to publish content to their blog directly from the desktop. It supports many blogging platforms including Wordpress, Blogspot and Typepad. It is also known as WLW.  It is a WYSIWYG Editor i.e “What you see is what you get” Editor. This means whatever formatting or changes you apply to your posts, you will get the same preview on your blog.

I’m using it extensively for my blogger blog. It has numerous features  which make blogging easier for me . It gives me all the features which blogger dashboard gives me and many more which are not featured in the blogger dashboard.
Benefits of Using Windows Live Writer
  1. You can use it to manage multiple blogs.
  2. It auto saves your post as draft while composing  so that you can easily retrieve it in case of windows crash or any other error.

  3. It has image editing and enhancing features which add value to your post pictures. You can easily crop and resize pictures.

  4. You can use it while not connected to the Internet. All you just have to do is to compose and SAVE your post as draft. Once you connect to the Internet, you can easily publish the post and this saves a lot of time.

  5. You can easily make your links open in new windows.

  6. You can easily Schedule your posts.
There are still many other features of WLW, which I will write about in my future posts.

If you have not tried windows live writer, download windows live writer and give it a try. If you are already using it, kindly let me know what you feel about it.

In my future posts, I will be writing about how you can edit pictures with WLW while posting and also about the different plugins you can install into the WLW to add value to your blogging experience.

So, for you not to miss those and and also my future free ebooks, freebies,articles and be getting them right inside your email inbox even when you are not on the internet, kindly go to http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=SecretInfos-Ogbongeblog and enter your email. Once entered, you will have to check your email for a confirmation email containing a confirmation link. Once you click on the confirmation link in the message, YOU WILL NEVER MISS MY FUTURE ARTICLES AND FREEBIES AGAIN.

Cheers.






Comments

  1. Anonymous4/30/2010

    Pls i have a blog. But if i paste hyperlink like www.gentle4me.com it wont be clickable, pls help me. My address is gentlegeny80@yahoo.com. Also tel me how to use google affiliate networks and how 2 make money blogging. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you have not been doing it in the right way. Just highlight the text to link, click on the HYPERLINK button, then type in the website address you want to link to and click OK. It should work...just email me and I will reply you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/21/2013

    Great one boss. I just wrote a blog post about this same article. If I knew someone from my country has done this already, I would have referred them here instead. Keep up the good work.

    A little help though... I am trying to pay for the wordpress.org hosting, but i can't, since my Nigeria is not listed in the payment options, could you help?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.