MTN Nigeria Pay 400, Get 1000; Untold Facts


Lately,you might have been hearing here and there that you can use 400naira worth of airtime to get 1000naira worth of airtime. Well, that was the exact thing someone told me and I decided to give it a try.

I was told to text "Happy" to 131 which I did. After sending the text, I got a reply. On reading the reply, I was not really happy because it was not what I was really expecting. I was really expecting to check my balance and see 1000worth of airtime credited to my account but It was a different thing entirely, though someone told me the 400, get 1000 only lasted for few hours.

So,as at the time of publishing this post,  if you try to text "Happy" to 131, 400naira will be deducted from your account and you will get the "HappyLink Bundle". This bundle gives you 1320 MTN to MTN seconds ( 22minutes) of talktime and 30 free MTN to MTN sms. The bundle expires in one month. To check the status of your bundle, you will be using *559#

Normally, via the PayGO charging plan,  it will cost you 660naira to call another MTN number with your MTN number for 1320 seconds, while the 30 MTN to MTN sms will cost you 150naira. Hence, base on this calculation, I think this bundle still make some sense. (MTN Paygo: MTN-MTN = 50k/sec ; Very Expensive)

Nevertheless, I still see it as a trick by MTN, trying to force their subscribers to keep using their MTN SIM in making calls. I guess, they are already aware of the fact that most Nigerians are now using other networks to call out while using their MTN number for just receiving calls.



I just hope MTN Nigeria will stop all this tricks and reduce the tariffs like their counterparts before MTN users will start throwing away their SIMs.

 Kindly use the comment form below this post to let me know how you feel about this.....

Cheers!



Comments

  1. Anonymous2/12/2011

    thanks for the info. I also feel into the trap too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/14/2011

    MTN has never at any time cared about customer satisfaction or welfare. The like rolling things out that will only rip off customers. I knew immediately I heard that it was nothing more than another ruse to cover the eyes of customers with wool in a bid to fight competition from airtel, etisalat and glo.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.