How I block ads from specific websites from displaying on my blog


Right inside your Google Adsense account dashboard, you can easily block ads from some specific websites from appearing on your blog. Well, different folks have different reasons for doing this but as for me, I do block ads from some sites that I find not really matching the type of content on my blog.

The more the ads appearing on your blog match the content of your blog, the more likely those ads will attract clicks and you know, fetch you more earnings. I use Google Adsense preview tool to scan ads that appear on my blog. Once I notice some ads not really matching my content, I grab their links and block them asap.

 You can prevent ads from specific URLs from showing on your site within the Allow & block ads tab.
  1. Sign in to your Google Adsense account on a PC.( I prefer the "new interface" )
  2. Visit the Allow & block ads tab.
  3. From the sidebar, under Blocking options, choose Advertiser URLs.
  4. Enter URLs in the box provided, then click Block URLs. Ads from blocked URLs should stop showing on your pages within 30 minutes.
Remember, please don't click your ads to determine their URLs -- clicking your ads is against the AdSense program policies. Instead, I suggest you use the AdSense Sandbox or right-click the ad title to copy the link location. In the text of the link location, the ad URL is located between 'adurl=' and '&'.

If you have contributions to make or questions to ask, feel free to use the comment form below.

I hope talk about how to detect and block MFA ( Made for Adsense) sites in my future posts...So, Subscribe to my Blog now, if you do not want to miss the tips.

Cheers!

Source: Adsense Help



Comments

  1. after blocking specific ads, they still show on my feeds. How can i block ads for feeds also?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that is necessary. nevertheless, while on the page where you enter the url to be blocked, look up and you should see a drop down box from where you can make the selection

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an excellent way of making the most out of adsense, blocking unnecessary ads that would be bring few cent. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.