4 Rules You Should Know About Google+ Pages


At Google+ earlier today, I decided to share my circles with my Google+'s page, so I can easily be following updates of some friends while I use Google+ as my page instead of my personal profile. While trying to do this, all I was seeing was an error message: "You can't add one or more of these people or pages to your circles." Instantly, I searched Google and was able to see the reasons why I cannot circle some peeps while using Google+ as a Page. Hence, I have decided to share with you 4 rules you should know about Google+ Pages.

1. You Can +1 a Page to Show Support or Add Them to Your Circles

Google  knows you love some brands and businesses. You can just drop a little +1 and keep going if you just want to show a quick note of support, but not see all their updates, or add a page to any circle you want. You're in control.

2. No Google+ Page Can Follow You Until You Follow Them

Google  wants Google+ to be a place you love to share. Pages cannot circle you until you follow them first. Of course, if you are in their circles, they can share great deals, product tips and hangouts, but the relationship is yours to start.

3. In Fact, Google+ Pages Can't Even Mention You Unless You're Connected

That's right. The +Google+ page can't even say your name unless you're following. No +mention spam.

4. Google+ Pages Automatically Unfollow You If You Unfollow Them

If you remove a Google+ Page from your circles, you are automatically removed from their circles. You always are in charge.

As you can see in rule Number 2, while using Google+ as a Page, you cannot circle a friend unless your friend follows your page. Hence, invite your friends to follow your Google+ page, so you can easily add them to the circles of your Google+ page.

I hope this helps.

If you are yet to create a page for your blog or business,create a Google+ page here.


Cheers!

Source: Google+ Page



Comments