How To Add Privacy Policy to Blogger's Attribution


In this tutorial, I am sharing with you how I added a link to my blog's privacy policy page beside the Blogger's attribution in the footer of my blog. You have to include an appropriate privacy policy in your site/blog because it is part of the terms & conditions of Google Adsense. Failure to do so might get you kicked out of the Google Adsense programme and might make Google not to accept your application if you apply for Google Adsense.

Lets's Get Started

If you are yet to create one for your site,  check out how to create blog privacy policy page tutorials. The video tutorials will show you how to generate content of your blog privacy policy page and how to create the privacy policy page in Blogger.

Once you have created the privacy policy page, view the page in your web browser, copy the url of the page and shorten the url using any url shortening service. I use www.goo.gl. Copy the shortened url into a notepad.

Edit the code below with your shortened url:

<a href="SHORTENED URL">Privacy Policy</a> |

Once edited, log in to your Blogger dashboard, go to "Layout" and scroll down to the "Attribution" widget.



Click "edit" and paste the edited code above inside the box.

Click "Save".

View your blog and you should see the privacy policy link beside  the Blogger attribution in the footer of your blog as seen in the picture below:



I hope this helps.

In case you need more help, feel free to use the comment form.

Cheers.



Comments

  1. Anonymous3/30/2012

    Thank you so much, the article is very helpful, could be the reason Adsense had not approved me. I will check for more lessons later. Keep on being you, you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try and add the Privacy Policy to your blog before reapplying for Google Adsense. Thanks for your comment. Stay blessed.

      Delete
  2. Thanks I tried it out but at the final stage. when i clicked save,here is what i got.
    "Your HTML cannot be accepted: Closing tag has no matching opening tag: A"

    What is the solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, you didn't enter the the code correctly. Make sure it is in this format " Privacy Policy |" as in the tutorial above and take not of the ".." enclosing the shortened url.

      Delete
  3. Worked Perfectly,Your tutorial was going to be my 1st click on the search result.
    Simple Step with desired result

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post here Jide

    ReplyDelete
  5. It worked beautifully. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/03/2012

    please i dont understand the statement'edit the code below with your shortened url.explain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy the code in Notepad, edit it by inserting your own link into it, then use it as explained in the post above.

      Delete
  7. @jide, The info is up to date. but the post is still on my wall. what do l do to it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for this info man I really appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it compulsory to add the about us too because i want my adsense account to be approved

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oga Jide i went to the site to generate my privacy polcy but nothing shows o...i need that PP generated asap...any ideas Boss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can copy mine here, edit it and use it for your blog.

      Delete
  11. i tried adding it but after adding i clicked on the privacy policy it says Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist. plz what do i do

    ReplyDelete
  12. http://goo.gl/t8AGmS that is my shortened url but after editing it, it still doesn't work. plz can u edit it for me so i can just copy and past. and i also what to know how to put "ABOUT ME" page in my blog so people can view my profile if they want to. thank u

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all theses tutorials, God bless.
    I encountered a little problem, my privacy policy didn't show my blog name and year like yours does again I wanna ask if I can delete the privacy policy post when I am done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PLS I HAVE REG FOR THE PRIVACY POLICY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE CODE IS LOCATED. IT SHOWING IN HTML VERSION. PLS HELP. Privacy Policy |

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12/02/2015

    Thanks a bunch Jide, i just tried mine now and it worked perfectly.. More blessing to you..

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks boss you are the best

    ReplyDelete
  17. It works well, thanks bro jide ,pls can you show me your blog template to download it for my blog too? Visit me at www.nairaloadit.blogspot.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jide u r d bomb
    It works for me.....thanks amili

    ReplyDelete
  19. tanks alot it really helped have applied for google Ads more than 5 times im sure is cos of this. tanks Mr Jide

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.