How To Post YouTube Videos On New Nairaland



I created a short video tutorial on how to add custom domain to Blogger blog, uploaded it to YouTube.com and decided to share it on Nairaland.com. While trying to insert the Youtube video in my post on Nairaland, I realised that the "insert flash" icon is no where to be found on the new Nairaland.


After trying all I can to no avail, I decided to mail the admin of the forum and he was able to help me with the solution.

So What is the Solution?

Copy and paste the YouTube.com url of the YouTube video in the post editor and publish it.

That's all. 

Note: The url must start with "http://" i.e it should be in this form: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXjeAZvTU0s"

I hope it works for you.

You can follow me on Nairaland here: http://www.nairaland.com/jidetheblogger

Cheers!



Comments

  1. Thanks. It worked. I was making a mistake by pasting the embed url instead of the url that has "watch" in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if you paste the "embed" url, it will NOT work

      Delete
  2. This is coool< i love what i see in nairaland this days..

    Thanks ogbongeblog for this great information

    ReplyDelete
  3. tanx for the info. I once had problems when trying to post Youtube videos on nairaland. But i tried it and just worked. Tanx again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Jide for the post. Actually my problem is with uploading Videos on youtube. Usually my video quality becomes very poor and slanted when i upload it to youtube or some other site. I don't know why this happens. could you help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/19/2014

    Thanks a bunch bro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jide, it worked for me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I jst putted up my vid on nairaland with your above tutorial. Thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried it and it worked out fine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.