What To Do When Your iPad Does Not Turn On


This is a guest post compiled by Segun Adekoye. 

Recently I had a shocking experience with my iPad and thought I should share it with you and how I was able to navigate through the situation to find a solution.



I was making use of it. Infact I had installed an app on it and was testing it. Then the iPad went off suddenly. It wasn't a battery problem because the battery was just 50% and the batteries of iPad's don't depreciate that fast.

I plugged it all night and thought it was a battery problem. The Apple iPad did not turn on.

I pressed the on/off button, the iPad didn't turn on.

I pressed the home button it still didn't turn on.

I connected it to iTunes and it wasn't even seen.


What to do when your iPad does not turn on:
  1. Make sure that it is charged or has enough energy to come on. Hold down the on/off switch for about 10 seconds. If it doesn't respond, move to the next step
  2. Connect it to iTunes software on your laptop (If it is still not recognized then proceed to the third step) 
  3. Hold down both the home button (the circle button infront) and the on/off button (on the top). Hold them together for about 10 to 15 seconds and release when you see the apple logo.
Your iPad should work fine from here.

Have you experienced such? Have you been able to fix it following the tips above? I love to hear from you via comments.

Note: You can find more iPad tips and tricks here.

This post was written by Segun Adekoye. He blogs at www.234direct.com



Comments

  1. Charlie9/16/2012

    Yes, I experienced something similar last month. When I try to turn it on, it flashes for a second then the screen turns black again. It was fixed by a friend and now working fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.