How URL Channel Lets Me Track Adsense Performance of My Sites, Blog Posts and Categories


A URL channel is a customized Google Adsense reporting option that lets you track the performance of a specific page or domain. If you want to know the the Cost per Click, the number of clicks generated from a particular blog post on a particular date, you can achieve this by using URL channel instead of Google Adsense custom channel.

I now use URL channels to track the Adsense revenues from all my blogs, my popular blog posts and some labels. If you have many websites or you have different topics discussed on different sections of your website, you will find Google Adsense URL channels so useful.

So, How Do I Create Adsense URL Channels?
.
==> Sign in to your Google Adsense account
==> Visit the "My ads" tab.
==> From the sidebar, choose your product (eg Content, Mobile Content), then URL channels.
Note that not all products support URL channels. You'll see existing URL channels here.
==> To add a new URL channel, click the "New URL channel" button. You will see a box similar to the one below:



==> Enter URLs you'd like to track, one per line.
==> Click "Add URLs" to save.

Below are the URL formats I use to track narrowly or broadly

==> track all pages across another blog of mine ogbongesms.blogspot.com

==> track only pages across the mobile version of my blog m.ogbongeblog.com

==> track all pages across the blogger mobile template of my blog  ogbongeblog.com?m=1

==> track a specific blog post http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2012/09/download-ogbonges-blogger-guide-learn.html

==> track a specific label (category)   http://www.ogbongeblog.com/search/label/adsense

After you might have created your URL channels, you might have to wait for some hours before you will be able to track the performance of the channels.

How Do I Track Performance Using URL Channels?

==> Sign in to your Google Adsense account
==> Click the "Performance reports" tab
==> Click the "URL Channels" link on the sidebar
==> You can change the date range in the upper right corner of the page to whatever date you want to track.

You should now see the performance details of your URL channels.

That's all.

Do you also use URL channels to track performance of your blog posts and labels? Please, let me hear from you.



Comments

  1. I use it to track all my blogs but never know I can also use it to track individual posts. Thanks for the tips but can advertisers also target URL channels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. They can only target Custom channels

      Delete
  2. I don't but I will. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this awesome post. Heading to my Adsense Dashboard

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need ur help jide, my google adsense request was disapproved cuz the content wasnt enough, hw do i change the website so dat i can resend the application.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to add more rich, unique contents to the blog before reapplying. Keep adding quality content and reapply after a month.

      Delete
  5. Thanks. I'v been wondering how to use this! But what of custom channels bro?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that, its such an eye opener blog post there, THUMB Up to Ogbonge, Mentor Mi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.