Blackberry Protect App Lets You Back Up, Secure and Track Stolen BB


If you are in need of a blackberry protection app that can secure your information if your BlackBerry smartphone goes missing, you can download Blackberry Protect application from the blackberry app world if it is not pre-installed in your BB. If pre-installed, you will have to activate it via "Set Up" on your Blackberry.


It is a free app for blackberry designed to help find your lost BB and keep the information on it secure. You can use it to wirelessly back up the contacts, calendar, memos, tasks, browser bookmarks, and text messages on your BB. If you switch to a new Blackberry phone, you can also use the BB app to wirelessly restore the backed up data to your new BB.



Aside from it being an app, it offers blackberry protect service on the web at www.blackberry.com/protect, where you can interact with your BB if it gets missing. If you log in to the site, you can:

  • lock your BB and optionally set a new password
  • wipe the BB by permanently deleting all data on your device
  • track the current location of your BB

From the Blackberry Protect Website, you can also display a customized message on your BB Home screen for whoever may find it, even if it is locked. Then locate it on a map so you can know where to get it. Or if you think your smartphone is nearby, you can simply force it to ring at full volume right from the website even if sound is turned off.



The Blackberry protect restore feature helped me in recovering my BBM contacts after I reloaded the OS of my Blackberry. I now use it to back up my BB data at least once in a week if not daily. I recommend you start using it asap if you are not already using it.

I hope this helps.



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. My roommate make use of this app when some guys came to room us in school. We eventually got our property back. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Am glad the app helped you in getting back your BB. Thanks for sharing this.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12/20/2012

    I just tried the sound option from the website and it works but please if the BB is switched off, will i still be able to trace the location from the website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BlackBerry Protect cannot locate devices that are turned off or disconnected from the wireless network.

      Delete
  3. Must I select the wifi back up option when using the app on my BB?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/20/2012

    Blackberry protect website is not going

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pls how can I get my Blackberry App back on my fone?..It disappeared when I tried upgrading it

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my God i wish i saw this post 2 days ago. my phone crashed yesterday and none of the contact is on my sim. all d same ...thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.