Can Glo BIS Work On Samsung/Android Phone and Tab?


After posting "How I Browse With Glo BIS on iPad" and "How To Use Glo BIS On PC" to this blog, some Android users especially those using Samsung Galaxy phones and tabs keep asking me how they can browse with Glo Blackberry Internet subscription on their Android device.



If you can use "blackberry.net" as the APN of your Android device as explained in "How To Add APN in Android Phone and Tab", you should be able to browse with the Glo BIS.

So, How Do I Browse With Glo BIS On Android?

==>  Subscribe to Glo Mobile BIS with your Glo SIM.
Text "coweek" to 777 for N400/week plan and text "comonth" to 777 for N1400/month plan.

==> On your Android device, go to ‘Settings’.
==> Select ‘Wireless & networks’.
==> Scroll down and select ‘Mobile Networks’.
==> Then ‘Access Point Names
==> Click the Menu key (looks like four horizontal lines, a square within a square or the word Menu)
==> Then select ‘New APN
==> Key in the detail below:

Name: Glo BIS
APN: blackberry.net
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:
MNC:
Authentication type:
APN Type:

==> Press the Menu key (looks like four horizontal lines, a square within a square or the word Menu) and select Save

==> Press on the grey box or circle to the right of "Glo BIS" and it will fill in with a smaller green dot or tick mark.

That's all.

Turn your device off and back on again to start browsing with the Glo BIS on your Android.

Cheers!



Comments

  1. This is a smart trick. I hope Glo doesn't frown at this though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why frown when users are subscribing?

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1/07/2013

    thanks sir,just got the techno N3 now,but followed the process of adding apn,all i can see is option for editing the default apn,pls help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a way of creating new APN on the Techno. Anyway, try editing the default APN to see if it will work

      Delete
  3. thanks for the share I'm already cruising with this glo mb stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confirmation. Enjoy it bro

      Delete
  4. Can it also work on htc phones?? Except samsung?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can work on any phone, in as much as you can create a new APN with the settings highlighted in the post.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous1/12/2013

    Pls need urgent reply,can I use airtel blacberry service on my samsung tab2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able able to use it. Can't say much about it though because have only tried that of Glo.

      Delete
  6. Considering the above setting, I believe it should work on all the blackberry service providers, mtn, glo, airtel and etisalat because the only important config here is blackberry.net which is the same for all others. Since there is no ip address configuration, I believe simply changing the name from Glo to MTN or Etisalat or Airtel should get the job done. Just saying.... I haven't tried it yet and I suppose I'll try it soon. I'll check back if it works, or not though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/16/2013

    Hello, please I tried using glo bismon my galaxy tab2 7.0. Its kind of connecting and breaking and reconnecting again but any time I sent status to 777 i always get subscription pending activation and that I should remove battery. But tab battery cannot be removed. Please help, what is the way out. Thanks for your prompt response.

    Teejay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please Professor Jide, post settings for MTN and ETISALAT BIS. Where we are Glo netwok is not strong. More Grease to your elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4/16/2013

    Just tried it on my SamsungS3 and it dint work...please help me out

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW CAN I USE THE BB PLAN ON SAMSUNG S3, I NORMALLY USED IT ON TECNO AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY BUT WHEN I TRIED IT ON MY GALAXY S3 THE NORMAL SYMBOL WENT OFF SYMBOL LIKE H+- 3G- COULD NOT APPEAR PLEASE WHT CAN I DO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.