How I Use "Custom Redirect" To Fix Adsense Crawl Errors


If you log into your Adsense account, you might notice some crawl errors on the settings page of your account. These errors, according to Google might have negative effect on your Adsense earnings. Hence, if you notice some in your account, it is always better you fix them as soon as you can.


Today, I am sharing with you how I fix the Adsense crawl errors whenever they appear on my Google Adsense account.

So, let's get started.

==> Log in to your Adsense account at www.google.com/adsense

==> Click on the "Account Settings" tab on the left sidebar

==> Scroll down to "Access and authorization" and check to see if there is any "crawler error" reported. If any, click "view errors".

==> Click on the small button beside the error, to see the full url of the pages not found

==> Copy the URL(s) of the pages in a notepad

Below is what I saw in my own account before publishing this post




This is a "Page Not Found" error. The page the Adsense crawler is trying to access does not exist on my blog.

i.e The Adsense crawler is trying to access: www.ogbongeblog.com/p/advertise-here.html which doesn't exist on my blog. This page is quite similar to an existing page on my blog;  www.ogbongeblog.com/p/advertise.html .

So,for me to fix this, I have to redirect this non-existing page to the existing page. I achieved this by using the "custom redirect" feature in my Blogger dashboard.

How?

==> Log in to Blogger dashboard via www.blogger.com

==> Check the list of your published posts and pages for pages similar to the ones the Adsense crawler couldn't find

==> Copy and paste them in a notepad

==> On your Blogger dashboard, go to Settings >> Search Preferences

==> Scroll down to "errors and redirections"

==> Click the "edit" link next to "custom redirects"

==> Click the "New redirect" button

==> Using mine as an example, I entered "/p/advertise-here.html" in the from field and
    entered "/p/advertise.html" in the To field, then click SAVE.

See photo below:



==> Click the "Save changes" button.

That's all.

When next the Adsense crawler crawls your blog, the errors will disappear from your Adsense account. How soon? I can't really say. Might take minutes or days.

I hope this helps.

If you have contributions or questions to ask, kindly relay them via comments.

Cheers!

NOTE: If your error is not the "Page not found" type, click on the error name and you will see info on how to fix the error.






Comments

  1. Great post. I never know Blogger has such a great feature. Thanks Jide

    ReplyDelete
  2. i apply for ad-sense in my blog www.moniways.com and is 5 days now and it has not been approve,is there any thing i can do to speed up approver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chioma4/02/2013

    In my own case, I had earlier deleted the posts they are saying they cannot crawl, what do i do about it to fix it please?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.