How I Use Airtel BIS To Browse On My Computer


Immediately I noticed that my Glo Blackberry subscription has stopped working on my iPad and computer, I pinged a friend of mine, to send me the settings and configuration to use on my internet modem for me to be able to browse on my PC using Airtel BB plan. He did and right now, am using Airtel Blackberry plan to browse on my PC.

Without wasting much time, here is how I set it up:

==> I created a new profile on my Glo NetPro modem using with the settings below:

  • Connection Name: Airtel BIS
  • APN : internet.ng.airtel.com
  • Username: internet
  • Password: internet

==> I inserted my Airtel SIM card into my Nokia torchlight phone and recharged it with N1, 500

==> I dialed *440*4# to subscribe to Airtel Social Blackberry plan (costs N1,200/month for 1GB)

==> After receiving a text message confirmation that I have been subscribed to Airtel Complete Social Blackberry service plan, I removed the SIM from my Nokia phone and inserted it into my Unlocked Glo NetPro modem.

==> I selected the "Airtel BIS" profile from the list of connection names and clicked on "Connect".

That's all.

Presently, I am only using it on my PC but am sure you can use the the Airtel BIS to browse on your iPad, iPhone, Android and Nokia phone if you configure them to use the settings above.

I hope this helps.

You can check out the full list of Airtel BB Plans here.

If you don't know how to create a new profile on your unlocked Glo NetPro internet modem,


==> From your modem dashboard, click on "Tools" then "Options" under which you will now select "Profile Management".

==> Under Profile Management, click on "New" and enter the settings I shared earlier in this post.

==> Once you’re done creating the profile, click "Save" to save the settings.

Enjoy!




Comments

  1. Thanks for this bro but please, what should I enter as dialled number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/19/2013

    This Airtel trick sucks. Imagine getting 1GB for N1, 200 when I get over 3GB from Glo BIS at the same price. I just pray Glo restore the ish ooo..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/19/2013

    Thanks but is it unlimited?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/20/2013

    Please will this airtel tweak work with an etisalat modem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why my GLO Sim don't browse on pc. I guess i'm going back to Airtel 1GB plan again. Thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jide, i thought a BIS plan is supposed to be unlimited. Abi, is airtel different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not unlimited bro. Glo BIS gives you 3GB for N1400 while Airtel BIS gives you 1GB at the same price.

      Delete
  7. Isn't it calculated weekly and monthly just like MTN does? My MTN BIS is unlimited or so i feel, so why should those of Glo and Etisalat be any different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MTN BIS is not unlimited. May be you are using it with a third party software on your PC or you hardly exhaust the data volume of your MTN bis

      Delete
  8. Anonymous2/28/2013

    Hello Uncle Jide. Most times I use the airtel bis for my pc browsing. But must I use a Blackberry before I can use Glo bis on my system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a must. You can use any phone to subscribe for the Glo BIS

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8/04/2013

      I subscribed to airtel 200naira to test if it will connect on pc, i've tried .zain and .airtel non is working...what could be d cause.

      Delete
  9. can i use Glo Bis to brows on my lap

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.