Facebook Access Restricted (BAD IP): What Is The Solution?


Since yesterday, I have been unable to access my Facebook account on my iPad. I can browse other websites on the same iPad but anytime I try to open www.facebook.com from the Safari browser and Opera Mini for iPad, I keep been redirected to a page displaying "Access Restricted (Bad IP)". Facebook app and MyPad app for iPad are also not working.

Below is the actual message being displayed whenever I try to open the Facebook site:

Access Restricted (Bad IP)
You are trying to access Facebook from an IP (Internet Protocol) address that's associated with a misconfigured ISP (Internet Service Provider) or abusive behavior. If you think this is an error, please tell us more.

Surprisingly, I can access my Facebook account on my laptop using the same Glo network, whose data plan am also sharing with the iPad.

I searched on Google for help but noticed similar questions posted on Yahoo Answers yesterday. So, I think there is a problem with Facebook or my IP address falls in the range of IPs recently blacklisted by Facebook. If blacklisted, I hope it will be OK in a week because I read somewhere online that minimum days of banned IP address is 7 days.

While I wait for Facebook to resolve the issue, I am accessing my Facebook account on my iPad using HideMyAss and HotspotShieldVPN for iPad. You can try them in masking your IP address for now.

Screenshot of Facebook opened with HideMyAss

Are you also facing the same problem?



Comments

  1. yes, facing same problem Jide but am also hiding my ass now.. :) lol. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/01/2013

    same here but please, should I switch SSL on while using HideMyAss?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a good way of logging in. Sometimes the problems are mostly caused by the internet service providers. Personally, i really do not like logging in from all these proxy sites. But a safer way of doing this, could be through the use of the free proxy list provided from the free ip list column located at your header in the hide my ass site. I think you can get a proxy that you can put on your browser port(That is if it will have any). Certainly, the stuff will be rectified. It may just take some time sha.Thanks for sharing your experience

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/18/2015

    That happened to me just within these past couple days. Turns out someone has been hacking my email and getting into my Facebook. It was just fb , I thought. Until I tried to access my email that is only used for fb, someone had changed my password and crashed everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.