WayBack Machine Lets You View Snapshots of What A Site Looked Like In The Past


After changing the look of the desktop view of my blog yesterday, I realized I didn't take a snapshot of the old look before effecting the change. Though not necessary, I decided to google if there is a way I could see the previous looks of my blog.

Fortunately, I stumbled on "Google Cache" and the "Wayback Machine". While the "cache" maintained by Google only displays the snapshot of a page as it appeared when last it was indexed; the "Wayback machine" displays snapshots of a site throughout its' history.





The Wayback Machine's Internet Archive worked for me and I was able to get the snapshots of what my blog used to look like. You can also try it. It's fun.

To start viewing what a site looked like in the past, go to http://www.archive.org/web/web.php type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and click the "take me back" button. Then select from the archived dates available.

If your site has been listed in major directories, like dmoz.org or have been linked to by some popular sites, your site will be automatically added to the internet archive. If you don't want your site in the archive, you can read how to delete your site from Wayback Machine.

Is your site listed in the archive? Do you find this interesting? please, let me hear from you via comments.



Comments

  1. This is cool. It's fun to see the old design of my blog but am not sure those marked dates are the actual dates a site was updated. Is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marked dates are the dates the machine crawled a site not actually the dates a site was updated.

      Delete
  2. This is really cool. I just checked how Ogbonge Blog looked like back in 2010. "Horrible" is the word to describe it, but now look where it is.

    Patience in Blogging is very necessary. Never Give Up! Keep it Up Jide. I did not see any response from you about the issue with my site; www.naija360.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrible indeed...lol. Blogger platform has really improved since then. Mail me as regards the issue with your site.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.