How to Reveal Hidden or Shortened URLs


I use Twitter a lot! Using Twitter a lot comes with it's own challenges. One of such challenges is that I get lots of Tweets from people via replies and DM (direct messages) asking me to check out some URLs (links). Due to the fact that Twitter only allows 140 characters, people choose to hide or shorten the URLs.

Some of these URLs are genuine while most are complete spam. Clicking on these links might expose your Twitter account to hacking. It might also be a source of malware to your computer, tablet or mobile device. The best way to confirm this is to find a way to reveal all hidden or shortened URLs you get on Twitter.

You should also do the same thing for all the shortened URLs you get in your email address and over the internet and social networks. This would secure you from a lot of troubles and unnecessary clicking of the URLs you are not sure of.

How Do I Reveal Hidden or Shortened URLs?

I use UrlReveal to achieve this. The site has been very useful for me. You can use it also. You don't need to rush and start clicking all the hidden or shortened URLs you receive.



As shown in the image above, enter the hidden or shortened URL in the space provided and click on "Show me the real URL" button.


I hope this helps? Let me know if it does.

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/adesojiadegbulu

Regards,
Adesoji



Comments

  1. Nice share Soji but how I wish it can be revealed by just moving my mouse over the hidden link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doyin, most of the links hidden behind bit.ly, goo.gl and others can't be revealed by just moving the mouse over them. This is why this site comes in handy

      Delete
  2. Abayomi1/21/2014

    Thx but does this work on mobile phones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it works on mobile phones. You will need to copy the URL you want to reveal, open the UrlReveal site on a new tab, paste the hidden URL and click on the button. You will see the full URL of the hidden one

      Delete
  3. This is a nice tips, thatnks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one, I think i will start using it by now... Before, I will just click on any link without worrying if its gonna wreck havoc on my PC and my accounts, maybe because of my trusted Avast Internet Security. Thanks AdeSoji

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have internet security. It's also better to be sure of what you are clicking before clicking.

      Delete
  5. Thanks. I've gotta start using that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need your contact. Email or mobile number. My email webbiz842@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a nice post Jide and it sure would help a lot of people get through the challenge of unveiling hidden urls.
    www.okaforobinna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.