Top 10 Tech Blogs in Nigeria 2013


Few days back, I shared the list of the top 10 Nigerian entertainment blogs. Today, I've decided to share with you, the list of the top 10 Nigerian technology blogs in 2013. What I've done is to scan through the top Nigerian sites on Alexa.com, for blogs that cover more of tech topics. So, if you notice some of the listed blogs not to be 100% tech, pls don't scream..lol


1. Tech Cabal


Launched in April 2013 by +Bankole Oluwafemi , TechCabal.com, even without using Alexa ranking, is my best Nigerian Tech blog at this very moment. Currently ranked 189 in Nigeria as at the time of publishing this post, the blog brings together a "cabal" of tech veterans, enthusiasts that share experiences, insights and latest happenings around the local tech ecosystem.

TC covers Nigerian Tech News, gists around the Nigerian techosphere, Nigerian startPps reviews etc in a unique style that even got it listed as one of the 10 most remarkable things that happened in Nigeria’s tech ecosystem in 2013 according to YNaija's 2013 review.

techcabal

2. Naija Tech Guide 


Launched in 2006 by +Paschal Okafor , Naijatechguide.com, currently ranks 227 in Nigeria, just one position ahead of my blog as seen in the screenshot below.

alexa


NTG focuses more on mobile tech and covers a lot of reviews about the latest tech gadgets including their prices in Nigeria.

3. Ogbonge Blog


Despite what happened to the blog in October 2013 which forced Google to de-list it from Google search for over one month, the blog ranks 228 in Nigeria as at the time of publishing this post and also made the TechCabal's list of Nigeria’s Top Hundred Websites Of 2013. With my new plans for the blog in 2014 and the grace of God, I hope to see it grow bigger and rank better by the end of 2014.

Below is the list of top Nigerian Tech blogs in 2013 with their Alexa traffic rank in Nigeria as at the time of publishing this post:



4.  oscarmini.com - 245 in NG

5.  techloy.com  - 258 in NG

6.  doncaprio.com - 314 in NG

7.  yoimiprof.com - 328 in NG

8.  justnaira.com - 382 in NG

9.  otekbits.com - 424 in NG.

10. ????????

Did I hear you ask for Number 10?

Well, I couldn't get another Nigerian Tech blog after otekbits from Alexa's current list of top 500 Nigerian sites.

Which Naija Tech blog do you think should be in the Number 10 position?

Do you know other tech blogs in Nigeria that you were expecting to be on this list? Do you know other Technology blogs in Nigeria that you believe will make the list by the end of 2014? Pls, let me hear from you via comments.

Cheers!






Comments

  1. Andrew1/03/2014

    Well done Jide but I'm surprised that Mobility.ng is not on this list. Traffic things or what? TC rocks for real and worthy of the No 1 spot. HNY Jide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro u need to put Guruscoded.com for the list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to enjoy onenaijablog.com. I guess that guy is deserving of that position

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think danaty.org should be there also

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmnnn, Nice List ! My Blog really deserves the 10th position, if not now. before the year runs out. Thanks

    Nigerian Tech Updates Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/03/2014

    How can ogbongeblog rank above mobility Nigeria? Not close. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. TechYan.com should be in the list right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drugba1/05/2014

    Ogbonge you've don justice to the list. Nice work sir

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww........ Indeed is cool, Once I starred on the topic I think OgbongeBlog is gonna be No 1.... Buh You've done justice.... Nice bro, How I wish to be among naija best 10 music blog list...
    SLIMZEEY MUSIC BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. number 10 is cracksloaded.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. NO 1. Ogbongeblog
    No 2. Loaded9ja.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ranking this day vary based on different factors and sometimes we just have to start considering so many other things... Advancenaira.com is also fast growing, you can check it out

    ReplyDelete
  13. correct post....nice collection mr Jide

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for sharing this list. I also like the way you ended it, I can now check out other tech blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post: I like these Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  16. www.kokocomputers.com should also be added.... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice list, www.tutorialslodge.com should be considered on your next list

    ReplyDelete
  18. Why Ogbonge no carry 1st, and why is Geek.ng (Don caprio) not there?

    ReplyDelete
  19. One Day, I go reach there...OgbongeBlog, Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jide, i think www.zipibyte.com deserves to be in number 10 spot

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think Nigeria Tech Space is becoming more competitive, everyday, we see new tech blogs coming up - From Start Up tips, news, Tutorials, Reviews and Information. Kudos to All tech guys in Naija!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice one Jide. I believe soon mine will be in that list.

    ReplyDelete
  23. my blog should be number 10 joo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just started mine. Hope it will soon top the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's never a day job to be ranked among top 100 but with dedication, consistency and innovation, I will definitely push my blog to a greater height. I am inspired by this top list Ogbonge

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice one nigger! I think NaijaETech.com should be on the list because of its uniqueness. NaijaETech.com is dedicated to Electrical/electronic technology.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jide, check out www.wisetechs.blogspot.com
    Its one of the best Technology blogs in Nigeria right now

    ReplyDelete
  28. Things have changed. Truth be told, if am to rewrite this list, I'll eliminate some of the blogs the completely E.g onenaijablog
    Just tried to access it, no way!

    Meanwhile, I'll like to suggest ngstudents.com.ng
    A tech and news blog.
    Thanks bro

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous1/18/2016

    Nice post. I use some of this blogs alot. please check out http://Phanstormblog.com it's new and upcoming

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice list. But what about 2015?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice list. Guess we need an update for 2015/2016. I think you should consider http://www.innovation-village.com. I strongly believe the site encompasses tech issues too

    ReplyDelete
  32. hope to be there someday bro.
    thanks for the list

    ReplyDelete
  33. I also Hope To be there Someday Bro

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.