How To Fix Broken Blogger Feeds


After Blogger restored my blog few days back, I noticed that the links of the Related Posts, Recent Posts widgets were all broken. Clicking on them leads to a 404 page. Twitterfeed and other applications using the Blog's feed were all affected.


While trying to find out what's wrong, I discovered that the blogspot feed url wasn't redirecting to the custom domain feed url i.e http://www.ogbongeblog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss wasn't redirecting automatically to http://www.ogbongeblog.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss.

broken Blogger feed

Instead of it redirecting automatically, it will display an error message that the blog is not hosted on Blogger blah blah blah as seen in the screenshot above. Also, Feed Validator coudn't validate the feed as seen in the screenshot below:

feed validator error


I reported the issue at Blogger forum and while waiting for feedback from Blogger top contributors, I decided to try something?

What's that?

I removed the custom domain from the blog to revert it back to www.ogbongeblog.blogspot.com. Without wasting much time, I reconnected it back to the custom domain. I refreshed my blog and was so happy when I noticed that all broken links have been fixed.

That's it.



Comments

  1. Funsho4/06/2014

    I noticed it too. Glad you able to fix it. Thx for sharing the solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/06/2014

    Thanks for sharing this info. I just discovered Twitterfeed, the Blogger product forum and Feed Validator from this post. You rock bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much you save me, I had this problem and I couldn´t find the solution until now.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.