How I Recover Deleted Facebook Messages 2014


I woke up this morning to check my Facebook messages on my PC and was surprised when I discovered that my recent messages are no longer in my inbox. I started wondering what might caused it and I later realised that they might have been deleted when I deleted them from the Blackberry hub of my Blackberry Q10 smarthpone.


This is so annoying because I thought deleting the messages from the hub will only delete them from the BB and not from my Facebook account inbox. My BB Q10 runs on Blackberry 10 OS 10.2.0 which doesn't have any option to control how messages are deleted on the device and messaging server. I guess this is now possible with the "Delete ON" Blackkberry Hub option featured in Blackberry 10 OS version 10.2.1.

Guess what?

While clicking all the links in my Facebook Inbox, I discovered that the missing messages were "Archived". I was so happy when I discovered this. Instantly, I "Unarchived" all the messages and they were all restored back to the inbox. :)

Facebook Messages Inbox




So, if you want to retrieve deleted Facebook messages, you can click on the "More" > "Archived" link via your Facebook Inbox (ON PC). Beside each archived message is the "unarchive" icon which you can click to restore the message to your Facebook inbox.

NOTE: You cannot retrieve messages that you've permanently deleted.

I hope this helps.

Kindly share with Friends especially on Facebook.

Cheers!



Comments

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.