GTBank Token Blank? Here Is How To Get and Activate a New One


My GTBank token device finally stopped working on Monday - not displaying anything on the screen i.e blank . I applied for a new one the next day at GTBank Makurdi and I received it that same day. After 24 hours, I was able to use the token to add beneficiaries from the GTBank mobile app but couldn't transfer not until I activated the new token online via the GTBank Internet banking platform.



How To Get New GTBank Token Device


So, if yours have stopped working too, all you just need to do is to go to the nearest branch office of Guaranty Trust Bank and request for a new one. You will be issued a form to fill with your details.

You must also go with the "dead' token because they will collect it from you. You will be issued a replacement token device that same day but you will have to wait for at least 24 hours before you can start using it.

How To Activate New Guaranty Trust Bank Token Device


After 24 hours of applying for a new token device, you will receive a text message or mail from GTBank informing you that your token has been replaced with a new one. Thereafter, you can log in to your GTBank online baking account to activate it.

Once you log in, you will see a page similar to the screenshot below:




Enter the token ID without hyphen (-). (e.g. 1247138043) in the space provided, tick "Acknowledge" and click "Continue"
If successful, you will see: "Scam Alert Acknowledgement Successful." Click "OK"

You will receive sms from GTBank, thanking you for completing the GTBank Scam alert acknowledgement process.

You can now proceed with your online money transfers via the GTBank mobile app or internet banking platform.

What Happens If Don't Activate the New Token?


If you fail to activate it online, you will keep seeing "internal server error" everytime you try to make transfers via the GTBank mobile app. Although, you will be able to add beneficiaries with the token.

That's all.

I hope this helps.



Comments

  1. Folusho9/27/2014

    Noted. Should in case mine goes blank someday. Thx boss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post jide, my gtbank token was blank too and I went and they gave me another one and I have activated it. Thanks for sharing the post for some nigerians most especially gtbank operators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to use the app to recharge but I don't have the token code... Please how do I get it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/01/2016

    Please my taken device was locked byGTB . HOW DO I UNLOCKED IT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.