How To Link DomainKing Domain Name To Blogger/Blogspot Blog


Ever since DomainKing launched the cheap .com domain offer in Nigeria, many bloggers in Nigeria have been leveraging on the opportunity to get a custom domain for their blogspot blogs. Unfortunately, many of them don't know how to use the domain name for their Blogger blogs.


Although, I offer the custom domain service for N3,000, I've decided to share the steps involved, for free simply because I'm a nice guy :)

I assume you have registered the domain name and it's already active. If not, read : DomainKing Domain Name Registration Guide for Nigerians to get started.

If registered and active, go to domainKing website and log in.

==> Click on "My Domains"





==> Click the small arrow next to the domain name you want to use for your Blogger blog.

==> Scroll down to the Management Tools section and click on the "DKNG DNS & Free Email Panel" button




==> Click "Manage DNS Records"



==> Click "Continue to DNS Panel"


 ==> Click on "A Records" tab > "Add A Record"



==> Leave the "Host Name" field empty

==> Enter 216.239.32.21 in the "Destination IPv4 Address" field

==> Click "Add Record"

==> Repeat same for 216.239.34.21, 216.239.36.21, 216.239.38.21 so you have four A Records.

==> Click on "CName Records" tab > "Add CName Record"


==> Enter www in the "Host Name" field

==> Enter "ghs.google.com" in the Value field. Ensure you select the second option as seen in the screenshot below:

==> Click "Add Record"

==> Open a new tab in your browser and sign in to www.blogger.com

==> Go To "Settings" > "Basic" > "Publishing"

==> Click : + Set up a third-party URL for your blog

==> Enter www.yourdomain.com in the box and save. After clicking save, you will see an error message.





==> Copy the details of the second CNAME quoted in the error message ( Label and Target ) and paste somewhere eg notepad

==> Switch back to the domainking page, click "CName Records" > "Add CName Record"

==> Copy the "Label" and paste in the "Host Name" field

==> Copy the "Target" and paste in the "Value" field (2nd option)

==> Click "Add Record"

After 5 - 10 minutes, go back to your Blogger settings page and try saving it again.

If successful, click "edit" and tick the "redirect" option.

If still displaying the error, you might have to wait a bit more and try again.

That's all.

I hope it works for you.

Alternatively, you can submit a support ticket and the domainKing support team will be glad to assist you with the configuration.

If you don't want to go through all these stress, you can just hire me to set up Blogger custom domain for you.

Please, SHARE this with your friends. Do NOT copy and Paste to your blog though :p

Cheers!



Comments

  1. Franklin11/09/2014

    You indeed a nice guy (smiles). Greedy people won't want to post this when they know they are making money from it. God bless you boss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already submitted a support ticket before I found the through BL. Now with this post and the email response I got from them, it will be much easier to get the settings right. Very timely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Oga jide for this tutorials, it has helped me configure mine now,i appreciate. I have many things to learn from,i will keep visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I was about preparing screenshots for this as well. But i must say as a tech king you always have a way of making things look special. The guide was properly laid for easy and better understanding.

    Meanwhile, I Actually Run==> Techdavids.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Which is better for;Applying for adsense using a custom domain or using the .blogspot domain?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks jide for this post its really been helpful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jide ur a Hero.... Thanks I Just did mine>> www.akintoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do i setup the free email account, please help

    ReplyDelete
  9. Worked fine again... Www.nigeriapromoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12/15/2014

    it worked for me but the problem is that the address can only be seen when www is attached to it. if i type myblog.com or https://myblog.com, i will not see my blog until i use www.myblog.com. please how can i solve this problem. i want my blog to be seen whether prefix is attached to it or not

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Anonymous, after you have successfully redirect & sets the DNS Record. Tick on the box "redirect non www to www"

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can I then set up a .ng domain I bought from domainking?

    ReplyDelete
  13. The process you explained regarding linking of domain name to blogger is surely considerable. I have gone through and it really works. Thanks for illustrating this informative post in such a organized manner along with snapshots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jide.this was so helpful. I just setup my blog now, www.postgraduatenigeria.com God bless u plenty

    ReplyDelete
  15. The process you explained
    regarding linking of domain I have gone
    through and it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are my mentor dude. *kudos*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello kindly help please i have set up .com.ng but following these procedures using my mobile phone but i keep getting "invalid login credentials".

    Please kindly help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also experienced that. What you need to do is click on My services instead of my domains

      Delete
  18. The same thing here - i have set up .com.ng but following these procedures using my mobile phone but i keep getting "invalid login credentials" - What should i do?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7/21/2016

    please Prince use PC for best results

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks a lot. You are indeed a stress saver. Once again, a million thanks. Please review my young blog at www.microsofttut.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks a lot...www.easyblazeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. oga jide God bless you i just linked my blog www.phacemash.com

    thank you all the way

    if there is anyway i can help you just contact me joshuaken6@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mr jide please come to my aid my own is showing me error after clicking manage DNS records please help me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you need to do is set it up from My Services instead of My Domains.

      blogger @ www.obhiabablog.com.ng

      Delete
    2. Me too mr jide....

      Delete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.