How To Schedule Facebook Ads To Run On Specific Time of The Day


Yesterday, I created a Facebook ad to promote one of my recent blog posts with a $6 budget (approximately NGN1,000). I did not only ensure I targeted demographics and interests that will be more likely to be interested in engaging with the ads, I also scheduled the ads to run on specific time of the day.


In this post, I've decided to share with you, steps involved in getting this done. I expect you to have created your ad, making sure you use a lifetime budget instead of daily budget for your Ad set.

==> Sign in to www.facebook.com/ads
==> Click on "Power Editor". Works fine on Chrome browser.
==> Download your campaigns to the Power editor
==> Go to the ad set containing the ad you want to schedule
==> While on the "Edit Ad Set" page, scroll down to "Ad Scheduling"
==> Select "Run ads on a schedule"

***Ensure you've set a "lifetime budget" and not "daily budget"

schedule fb ads



==> Select the blocks of time you want ads in the Ad Set to run.
==> Click "Upload Changes" to upload your changes to the ad system.

That's all.

Below is a screenshot of my ad set scheduled to run from 6am to 12am.



NB: Your ad set must run for at least one hour. There is no maximum amount of time the ad set can run.

If you schedule your ad set to run at a specific day and time, your ad set will show in your audience's time zone. For example, if you select 8am-10am, your ad set will show to people from 8am to 10am in their local time.

Keep in mind that your insights, reports and billing will continue to show in your ad account's time zone and also keep in mind these best practices for scheduling ad sets.

Do you schedule your ads? How do they perform compared to the non-scheduled ads?



Comments

  1. Thanks for this boss but how do you track which time of the day your ads perform best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shorten my links with goo.gl and monitor the daily stats to know how many clicks I get per hour.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jide,

    When you schedule your ads, they perform far better than ads that are not scheduled (unless you have deep pockets and can afford to run ads 24 hours a day).

    The trick however, is figuring when your prospects are mostly active on FB. For me, weekends and public holidays do the trick. If it must be a workday, then it's off peak hours.

    Make the day great!

    Always,
    Terungwa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Akaahan,

      Thanks for sharing your experience. I've never scheduled ads to run at odd hours. Will give it a try and compare the results. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Nice one. I've been finding it add to advertise through my power editor. thanks for this post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried scheduling any of my ads before, I think the idea of scheduling is actually a nice one.

    I will try it out on my blog.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/21/2014

    nice artice, very usefull, I also to promote my facebook post or twitter use fangrow.com http://fangrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boss to get like 3000 - 5000 click from facebook ads, like how much should be budget??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.