Disavow Backlinks Google Webmaster Tool


Earlier today, I decided to ask Google not to take certain back links into account when assessing my blog. Unfortunately, I couldn't navigate to the Disavow Backlinks Google Webmaster Tool from my Webmaster's account. It was after I googled it, that I saw the link to the tool. I've successful used it to disavow 59 domains and I hope this will have positive impact on my blog ranking in the long run.


The tool simply allows you to upload a text file containing list of links that you think are spammy, artificial, or of low-quality and should not be considered when Google is rating the quality of your site.

Let's say you want to disavow all links from example.com, all you need to do is to create a text file with Notepad and enter the domain you want to disavow using the format below:
domain: example.com
If you want to disavow multiple links, then you add them one per line.

If you only want to disavow a URL from a site instead of all links from the domain, use:
http://spam.example.com/stuff/comments.html
If you’ve built bad links to your site via paid backlinks services or other link schemes that violate Google quality guidelines, I recommend you use this tool.

Be careful though because it is an advanced feature and should only be used with caution. If used incorrectly, it can potentially harm your site’s performance in Google’s search results. Use it only if you are confident that the links are causing issues for you.

How To Use Disavow Tool


==> Sign in to your Google account
==> Go to : https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/disavow-links-main

webmasters disavow tool



==> Select your site from the drop-down box
==> Click "Disavow links" button.

You will be redirected to a page where you will upload the text file.

Click "Choose File'. Upload and Click "Submit".

That's all.

Google will mail you once the submission is updated.

NOTE: It may take some time for Google to process the information you’ve uploaded. The links will continue to be shown in the Webmaster Tools inbound links section.

How Do I View Backlinks to My Blog?


==> Sign in to Google Webmasters
==> On the Dashboard, click Search Traffic, and then click Links to Your Site
==> Under Who links the most, click More.

You can download the links via the tabs on the page or browse through the top 1000 backlinks.

Do you use the disavow tool?



Comments

  1. This is good, some people just come and post spammy stuffs on ones blog. Well since it can be of harm, I rather just leave things that way.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once came accross this tools but just that one didnt explore it further.
    With your write-ups here, i understand the technicalities attached to the tool, though a very powerful SEO tools.

    Keep it up Boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. past month ago, i try this but i dont know if success or not.
    i try to my website karimunjawa

    ReplyDelete
  4. arigato for your tips, i hope a never use this tool, too dangerouse for me newbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. bro this write-up have teach me more things on seo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.