My Photos and Experience at #SMAA Social Media Africa Awards


The maiden Social Media Awards Africa #SMAA took place on Saturday, 24th of January 2015 and I feel so honored to be at the event as a finalist for the Blogger of The Year Award. Even though I didn't make the list of the winners, it was fun to meet other finalists as well as other great names that attended the welcome dinner, the summit and the awards ceremony.


Africa’s best from various sectors were at the summit session on Saturday morning to discuss, analyze and forge a new development path for Africa through social media. During the Award ceremony tagged ‘Night of Virtual Wonders’ Fifteen (15) out of the Forty-three (43) Finalists from across the continent were rewarded with award prizes for the featured 15 Awards across 4 Categories for the 2014 edition of the awards which opened with a continent-wide call for nomination and recorded over 3,000 entries accounting for about 923 nominations.

The organizers of the #SMAA paid for the flight ticket and also paid my hotel bills from Friday evening till Sunday morning. We were lodged at Lilygate hotel, Lekki phase1 and the hotel room I stayed cost N30,000 per night. The welcome dinner (on Friday evening) and the summit (on Saturday morning) took place at the hotel.

Lilygate hotel, Lekki lagos, Nigeria
Lilygate Hotel, Lekki Lagos, Nigeria




I was so tired when arrived the hotel on Friday evening. I took my shower, took a nap and by the time I could wake up, they were almost through with the welcome dinner. I met them dancing and taking photos though. It was that evening I met @omojuwa for the first time in person. That night, Sterling Bank presented a gift pack to all nominees which include a mobile phone.




The Social Media Africa summit took place from 9am till 3pm on Saturday. It was at the summit that I met the guys from Kenya, @lammyng, Femi,Tayo & Patrick from DevDiaries and other finalists.   Below are some of the photos taken at the summit:

Finalists of #SMAA2014

Rich Simmond and Co at the #SMAA summit



Myself and @lammyng

lolllll.............

selfie ..eh eh
I met Kemi Olunloyo of @HNNAfrica, after the summit. It was fun chatting with her while waiting for the bus to pick us to the venue of the awards ceremony. I really enjoyed my time with her. So humble and interesting unlike some that will be feeling like donking just because they have 1 million followers on twitter...lol

Myself and Kemi Olunloyo

Later in the evening, a bus conveyed all the finalists from the hotel to Landmark event centre, where the awards ceremony took place. I met alot of my friends there including Jarus of Nairaland, @Olorisupergal, CFA of techwithCFA.com, Muyiwa of naijawhistle.com. Jimmy Jatt was on the wheels of steel; Yemi Alade performed her hit song, Johnny, in French (in those hot yellow heels!); Timi Dakolo melted hearts; Denrele Edun, Gbemi Olateru-Olagbegi and Chigurl compered the event.

Myself and some of the winners


Myself and Jarus of Nairaland

Myself and +O'tosin Ajibade (@olorisupergal)

Myself and Denrele

DJ Jimmy Jatt

Yemi Alade

A bus conveyed us back to the hotel around 1am on Sunday morning. Finalists were taken to the airport later in the morning, to return to their various destination. I boarded my flight (Aero contractors) around 2:30pm from Murtala Muhammed International Airport and arrived safely in Enugu at 3:45pm.


Interesting...huh?

I will upload some videos to my YouTube Channel later.......



Comments

  1. Woow. Wasn't able to attend due to some probz. I really missed a lot. The tin I love most na that (hot legs) yemi alade. Lol. Better days ahead for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So u like hot legs?,hmnnn.....amen to ur prayer oo

      Delete
  2. Wonderful and breathe taking. You really enjoyed. Company money sweet to enjoy sha.
    FYI, I covered all the expenses at the SMAA 2014. Didn't attend cuz I was in mars. I believe it was announced?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea wonderful, even though I dont really understand your comment though....

      Delete
  3. No need to ask if you enjoyed yourself. More to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. And u didn't take me along.



    For your make up, skin care, beauty, spa, weight loss/management products services, and trainings, add 2B37980E.







    Jesus is Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came around to pick u up but was told u went out to market your make up products :) :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.