Database Connection error (2) : Could not connect to MySQL - How I Solved It


Last week, a friend notified me that he couldn't access my bulk sms site powered by Joomla. I tried accessing it by myself and I was also unable access it. The site was only displaying a page that reads 'Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.'



I googled the problem and saw alot of recommendations including changing the database user and password and editing it in the configuration.php.

Instead, I decided to contact my host. They requested for my cPanel login details. After some minutes, the problem was resolved and my bulk sms site was restored. When I asked them what went wrong, I was told it was caused by a problem with the MySQL server. .

So, if you experience such problem, try to talk to your host before making changes to your config file.

Have you experienced same? How were you able to resolve it?






Comments