How To Restore JetPack Custom CSS After Deactivating The Plugin


I checked one of my WordPress sites few minutes ago only to discover that the styling have been messed up. The header, footer, ads etc were all scattered.  I thought about what might have caused it and within few seconds I realized it was because I have deactivated the JetPack plugin.




I used the JetPack Custom CSS Editor to customize the appearance of the site without the need to create a child theme or worry about theme updates overwriting my customizations. So, deactivating the plugin simply removed the customizations.

Immediately, I tried reactivating the plugin but couldn't get it to work. It failed to connect to wordpress.com after reactivation. Hence, I couldn't access the Custom CSS Editor. I searched google to see if I can access it via CPanel but read somewhere that I can't except I browse through my database.

Instead of going through that stress, I tried putting JetPack into development mode using the Unplug JetPack plugin and guess what, it worked! All Customizations were restored!

While in the development mode, I was able to access the JetPack "Edit CSS" via "Appearance". I copied the custom css, added it directly to my theme file and also saved it to my dropbox as backup.




Comments

  1. Thanks for the quick notice of this stuff, am also working on one of my wordpress site too for correction

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.