How To Create Softaculous BackUps Folder in cPanel


Yesterday, while following the guide on Softaculous website that explains how to restore a backup on a new server, I was stucked at "Step 5" for some minutes.


The "Step 5" simply requires that I copy the backup file to my new server at the following path /home/USERNAME/softaculous_backups/

I was looking for the folder without knowing I have to create it by myself....lol.

After brainstorming for some minutes, I decided to create it by myself and it worked!

So, if you don't know how to create the softaculous_backups folder, follow me through the steps below:

==> Sign in to your cPanel and scroll down to the 'Files" section

==> Click on "File Manager".
==> Select "Home Directory" and ensure you select "show hidden files" as seen in the screenshot below:

cPanel fule Manager


==> Click "Go"

You will be redirected to the "File Manager" page.

==> Click "Create New Folder" icon. A window will pop up.
==> Enter "softaculous_backups" as the New Folder Name
==> Leave next field empty and click "Create New Folder"


That's all.

You can proceed to upload your softaculous backUps to the folder.

I hope this helps.

Recommended: How I Transfer WordPress from One Host To Another Using Softaculous



Comments

  1. I was really starting to feel hopeless when I found your post. Thank you so much for helping me resolve my issue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.