ERROR: please fill the required fields (name, email) : How I Solved It


Yesterday, I was able to figure out why I've not been getting comments lately on one of my sites powered by WordPress which normally do get lots of comments daily. I never knew readers couldn't comment on the blog posts not until I tried to reply some comments from the front end.

I discovered that whenever users, not logged in, attempt to post comment, they get the error:

“Error: please fill the required fields (name, email)” 

wordpress web development comment form error



This comment submission failure error message displays even if you fill in the name and email fields.

I googled the error and read on some blogs that plugins like OpenID, JetPack etc were disabled to fix the error.

As for me, I was able to fix the problem by deactivating Hide My WP plugin.

So, if you are experiencing similar problem and you don't know what might be causing the WordPress comment submission error, one of the activated plugins might be the cause. Do the needful!




Comments

  1. Great info for those that use WordPress.

    trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be problem solving for those using wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thesame issue yesterday and it was resolved after disabling the Anti-spam option. http://prntscr.com/drpi93

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.