Dudamobile mobile version of Ogbongeblog Vs Mobstac Mobile Version


I decided to use dudamobile.com to create a mobile version of ogbongeblog.com and compare it with the mobile version powered by mobstac. Considering what I have observed so far, I still prefer Mobstac to Dudamobile.

Ogbongeblog mobile blog powered by dudamobile ==> http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog
Ogbongeblog mobile blog powered by mobstac      ==> http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/

Observations

1. The Dudamobile mobile version of my blog contains mostly all gadgets on the regular blog and I don't like this because it makes the mobile version to be very slow compared to the mobile version rendered by mobstac which automatically removes almost all the gadgets.

Though you can remove the gadgets via the dudamobile advanced editor but with mobstac, you don't have to go through all those stress. If you fail to remove most of the gadgets, most mobile browsers will be throwing this error message "page will be closed because it is too heavy to load".

2. I prefer the horizontal + drop down navigation bar of my mobstac powered mobile blog to that of dudamobile. The default vertical navigation bar of the dudamobile mobile version is taking much space on the screen though I noticed you only see it on the homepage.

Though,you can delete it or make changes using the dudamobile advanced editor but with mobstac, you just don't have to go through all those stress especially when you are not really good in basic web design. Below is what the default navigation bar on dudamobile powered mobile blog looks like:



3. If you subscribe to Mobstac, you can easily integrate your Google Adsense ads by just inserting your Adsense publisder ID into the provided box in your mobstac dashboard. The ads display when visitors access the mobile blog with opera mini browser but this is not the case with my mobile blog powered by dudamobile.

As at the time of publishing this, I inserted my Adsense code to the header section via the dudamobile advanced editor and I still can't find my ads on the blog when viewed using opera mini browser.  The only ad I see there is the dudamobile ad which dudamobile is automatically displaying there because am yet to upgrade.

I plan contacting dudamobile developers to ask them if my Google ads will be displayed on my mobile blog when viewed via opera mini browser if I upgrade. I will keep you updated, if it is realistic.

Currently, I am paying $25 per month to mobstac, for my ads to be displayed on my mobile blog and the investment worths it considering what have earned so far from "Adsense for mobile".

4. Mobstac allows me to add a custom ad banner to my mobile blog by just copying and pasting the code of the ad banner in a provided box in the mobstac dashboard. You will notice this if you scroll down http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/ . You can't easily do the same on your dudamobile powered mobile blog if you don't take your time to really understand how the dudamobile advanced editor works.

5. On my dudamobile powered mobile blog, I keep finding it so hard to add a comment to the blog posts but this is not the case with my mobstac powered blog. Mobstac allows users to easily incorporate Facebook and disqus comment forms.  I am wondering how I will have a mobile blog and readers can't comment on my posts.

With what I have observed so far, if you lack basic web design skills and also want your Google adsense ads to be displayed on your mobile blog when viewed via opera mini browsers, I recommend mobstac for you but if you think you don't mind going the extra mile to add series of customization to your mobile blog, you can give dudamobile.com a try.

You can check out: http://ogbongeblog.mobstac.com/ and http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog to compare both platforms on your mobile device and see which of the platforms you prefer.

If your blog is a Blogger blog, I think the Blogger mobile templates are still preferable to the mobile templates of dudamobile.com.  You can also compare my Blogger mobile template here: www.ogbongeblog.com?m=1 with that of Dudamobile: http://mobile.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog

I will keep exploring dudamobile mobile templates and I will keep you updated if I discover how you can easily use it to render your blog for mobile viewers, including how you can easily integrate google adsense with it.

Feel free to share your views about this two platforms.




Comments

  1. I prefer the mobstac version. Very simple and loads very fast on my opera browser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. If one removes all the gadgets using the Advanced editor, I guess it will load faster than with gadgets in the template.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3/18/2012

    Please is it the Adsense code for high end devices that you inserted into the dudamobile editor or the one for all phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I inserted the one for high end devices. When I inserted the one for "All Phones", I was seeing some raw codes in the blog instead of the Google ads.

      Delete
  3. Hi there,
    We actually have special blog templates in DudaMobile.
    Check out this version of your blog built using the blog templates on our platform:
    http://my.dudamobile.com/simulator/ogbongeblog_1
    or from your mobile: http://my.dudamobile.com/site/ogbongeblog_1?dm_try_mode=true
    Cheers,
    Amir,
    DudaMobile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your feedback. The version you built is cool but still lacking a comment system. Can't see a comment form nor option of replying comments. More so, am yet to know if adsense ads will display on the mobile blog when viewed using Opera Mini.

      Hope to hear from you soon.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jide,
      You can add Adsense using HTML fragment today and next week we will add a native support for adding adsense to your site.
      Regarding posting comments - this is also planned, I will let you know once this feature is available.
      Any by the way, there are more cool blog templates on our system, you should check it out.
      Cheers,
      Amir
      DudaMobile

      Delete
    3. Hi Amir,

      Yes, I was able to add my adsense code via the Advanced Editor but not displaying on opera mini browsers and that is the mobile browser which majority of Nigerians are using to access the internet. If you can work on that and the other issues, I am sure you will win the heart of many Nigerians Bloggers. Thanks a lot for your feedback. I appreciate it a lot. Cheers!

      Delete
  4. This is great. Nice observation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,Jide
    I just switched to duda free mobile setup for my site and I saw some adsense displaying on my page but can't figure out if its mine or for duda mobile.
    For my adsense to show do I need to upgrade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably Dudamobile ads that are displayed on free plans. To show your Adsense, you need to upgrade. confirm it from their site.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.