How I Get Traffic To My Blog Using April Fool Joke


On April fool day, I googled "April fool pranks" I can use on my blog and luckily for me, I stumbled on an idea which I tried and still driving traffic to my blog till this very moment.


If you don't know what April fool's day is all about, well, it is a day celebrated in many countries on April 1 every year. Though not a national holiday, many people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other on the day.

So, what's the prank all about?

==> New APN for Glo BIS to work on PC.

Why play prank with such?

==> Simply because many Nigerian internet users are currently searching for the new trick that will enable them browse with their Glo BIS on PC.

So, how did you use it as April fool prank?

==> I created a Blogger page (not post) and titled it "glo bis" to make an attractive url i.e http://www.ogbongeblog.com/p/glo-bis.html

==> If you check the link above, you won't see anything there apart from "APRIL FOOL" and  a subscription link for those that might be interested in getting the working trick once I have it.

==> I used css to remove sidebars and Adsense ads from the page. (Not cool to place google ad on a page that lacks rich content)

==> I posted the url on my Facebook timeline, Facebook pages and Twitter timeline, with a brief info that "GlO BIS on PC is back with NEW APN".  I didn't publish it as a post on my blog though...

Many of my friends and followers were so happy to see the update and had no choice than to click the link to see the new trick. Unfortunately for them, they were fooled...lol. 

==> Luckily for me on April fool day, there was a thread on Nairaland forum where members shared their April fool day experience. I shared the link to the prank page in my comment on the thread and within a twinkle of an eye, I started getting free traffic to my blog from the forum.



The April fool's prank fetched me some new email subscribers and it is still driving traffic to my blog according to Blogger stats.

Did you also fall for this prank on that day? Did you also try some April fool jokes on your blog? Please, let me hear from you via comments.




Comments

  1. Honestly, I fell for it. You are so creative bro but please when you get the working solution, let us know ooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you confessed. Smiles.... I will let you know once I get the real trick. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/04/2013

    Smart boss, I fell for it too when I saw the tweet on Twitter. Please, how did you remove the sidebars from that page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When creating a page and not a post you get the option to choose what the formatting should look like

      Delete
    2. Contact me via email and I will reply you with the code you can use in removing the sidebars and adsense from a Blogger page.

      Delete
  3. that was interesting, you know Nigerians like free stuff, with free browsing trick/loophole.


    anyway that was a nice one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ooo. we all like awoof. Don't you also like free things nii? Lol..

      Delete
  4. Quite interesting, Jide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, my april fool post worked for me on my blog too, even through it took me time to publish the post, i had some cool traffic that day, here is the link to the april fool post on my blog: http://www.trueinternetworld.net/2013/04/some-funny-april-fools-pranks-and-sms-text-messages-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked the post and you only shared April fool jokes ideas and not that you fooled your readers. Nice one though

      Delete
  6. That's a big one, maintaining your subscribers by not posting this as a post yet securing more traffic and subscribers. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I tried the idea. It rocks. Thx for stopping by bro

      Delete
  7. nice one ogbonge

    http://ajetun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4/04/2013

    This one is quite interesting, why did i say this? cus if only i had seen the tweet i would have fell for it myself. lol. Well lets hope we find that trick soon. Whatever you are selling im buying anyday lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.