How I Reset Africard Password Without Going To UBA Bank


Last week, while trying to check the balance of my Africard  at myUBAafricard.com, I couldn't remember my password. After trying some passwords, my account was locked and I saw an alert that I should visit the issuing bank.

Few days later, I visited the UBA branch where I obtained the Visa card to know what I need to do to resolve the issue. I was told to write a letter, requesting for password reset. I wrote the letter, making sure it includes my name, Africard number and phone number. I submitted the letter and was told that I will receive my new passcode via email and SMS within few days.



Three days later, I received a mail from the bank that my Africard PIN has been changed. I was surprised because I requested for password reset and NOT PIN change. (The PIN is for use on ATM machines and not the one for online access). I tried to log on to the Africard site with the PIN and it didn't work. It became obvious to me that the bank carried out a PIN change and not password reset.

Immediately, I called the phone number at the back of my Africard, using the phone number I provided when applying for the card. I complained to the customer service agent that my PIN was changed instead of password reset. She apologized for the mix-up and promised to rest it for me over the phone if I can provide the neccessary info she needs to verify that am the true owner of the card,

I provided answers to all the questions she asked me and within 10 minutes, I received my temporary passcode for the Africard website via email and SMS. I logged on to the site with it and immediately changed the password to one I could easily remember.

Right now, I can check my card balance, transactions history etc from the website.

I hope this helps.



Comments

  1. This is a good tip for all. Thanks for sharing what you discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please can i get the customer care number from you? cos am having thesame problem. i cant login to my acct after several change change of pin reset i have written a later to the bank more than 5 time they coundnt do anything about it. i dont think uba card is ok

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.