How To Add Adsense To Blogger Posts Using New HTML Template Editor


Adding Google ads inside Blogger posts is highly recommended if you really want to get the maximum clicks on your ads. There is no way someone will read your blog post without seeing the ads, be it under the post title or immediately after the blog post.
The Adsense ad at the top of my blog posts is the best so far; even earns me more money than the 728x90 leatherboard ad unit. So, if you are yet to insert Adsense ads inside your Blogger post, try to do so and see if your Adsense revenue will increase or not.

Placing the Google ads inside your blog post is not possible without having to edit your blog's HTML template. You cannot insert the ads with Blogger widgets just as you do on the sidebar, header or footer sections of your blog. Even if you place the ad codes in the wrong location in your HTML, the ad will not display when you view your blog. 

Today, I am sharing with you, the correct way of adding Adsense ad codes inside your blog posts using the new Blogger HTML template.

How To Get Started

==> Log in to www.google.com/adsense
==> Click on "My ads" tab
==> Click the "New ad unit" button
==> Select the 300x250 Medium rectangle ad size
==> Fill other options, save and get your ad code.

Now, we need to parse the ad code.

==> Go to http://www.freehtmlparser.blogspot.com/
==> Copy and paste your ad code inside the box and click the "Encode" button
==> Copy and paste the code somewhere eg in a notepad

Now you will add your parsed code in the codes below before using it in your blog's template.

==> If you want your ad to display at the center inside your post

    <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> 
    <div style="text-align:center;">
    Paste your parsed adsense code here
</div>
    </b:if> 

==> If you want your ad to display at the left side inside your post
    <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> 
    <div style="float:left;">
    Paste your parsed adsense code here
</div>
    </b:if> 

==> If you want your ad to display at the right side inside your post

    <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> 
    <div style="float:right;">
    Paste your parsed adsense code here 
</div>
    </b:if> 

The codes above are conditional tags that restrict the Ads to post pages ONLY.

==> After adding your parsed codes inside the conditional tags above, copy and paste it somewhere. The customized code is what you will paste in the template.

Now, we need to add it to the new blogger HTML template

==> Log in to www.blogger.com
==> Go to "Template" > "Edit HTML"
==> Once the HTML loads successfully, click inside it
==> Press CTRL F on your keyboard to bring up the "find" box as seen below



==> Copy and Paste <data:post.body/> in it and hit the ENTER key on your keyboard. This will help you locate the code in the HTML.

The code might appear more than once in your HTML. So, click inside the find box and hit the ENTER key again. You will know if it appears more than once if you look closely at the corresponding "line number" on the left side of the new Blogger HTML editor as illustrated below.


Now place your Adsense customized code in this way:

If you find <data:post.body/> more than once in your template, paste your Adsense code above the SECOND and THIRD <data:post.body/> if you want your ad to be displayed below the post title/at the top of the post.

If you want it to display after the post, paste the code below the second and third <data:post.body/>. Alternatively, you can find the second <div class='post-footer'> and place the ad code directly under it. You can also place it under <div class='post-footer-line post-footer-line-3'>

Save your template and view your blog. The ads should appear in your post.

NOTE: Only three ad units can be displayed per page. So, if you already have three ads units on your page, the ad in your post might not display.

I hope this helps.

Questions? Contributions? Kindly relay them via comments.

Recommended: How To Add Adsense After Blog Post



Comments

  1. Thx alot Jide. I will definitely try it when I get to the office 2mao because I don't think I can do all these on my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post.thanks for this tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Jide each time i log on to www.google.com/adsense it shows me submit your AdSense application i dont see anything like my ads pls what do i do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you don't have an approved Adsense account. Do you?

      Delete
  4. My boss, your steps is what I am always following ever since I started blogging, although before now, i HAVE inserted the ads like yours in my blogger blog. This post look nice for audience. u can check my blog www.winodeysblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Do you add description to some of your posts? If yes, confirm if ads display on such posts and on posts without description.

      Delete
  5. Am still working on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tutorial jide, worked fine for me. You can check it out HERE

      Delete
  6. Anonymous8/12/2013

    Powerful Message here Jide for newbies to blogging with blogger this can be a useful addition to their quest to earn some revenue by hte side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pls Mr. Jide;I have been finding it very difficult to work on my htmls eversince the new blogger interface was launched....When I strike CTRL F and put the codes in the box, they don't appear...I even took time to look for some of them manually but none worked out..Don't know what's wrong. I know there used to be an expand widget radio button before but it's not on the new interface.Please, I will be very grateful if you can help me out and probably write an article on it for others who have same problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ameh Sunday,

      The same happened to me. What I did was that. I make sure I click first inside the EDIT HTML codes box as if i wanted to start editing the code and I then carefully click "Ctrl + F1" and the box comes up with the EDIT HTML code editor and not the one that shows below the browser. I then paste what ever code am search for there and click enter also with care to avoid spacing in the main code in case it couldn't locate the code am searching for.

      Hope that helps!!!
      well done oga Jide another comment comming next to this also from me as touching this post.

      Delete
  8. I guess I can do this on my Nokia Lumia 520. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the info. i will try it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perhaps this might not be the right thread for my question...but am sorry for this.
    Mr Ogbonge I have heard good remarks about you from friends...you're really doing great works here. Please I need to know how to make my post display in form of snippet. My posts keep displaying all its content in full...please help me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. I'm going to search this post when i start using google ads. By the way, can i link this post and are you the one that created that html phraser?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks alot Jide, tried it at www.stalyfblog.com and is already making sense. Really grateful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please how can i do this using my wordpress site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean to add Adsense ads inside posts of your wordpress site?

      Delete
  14. thanks boss it work... check my blog out.. www.gistmelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yap..... 10x so much mu Bro. What of if i want it to display at the head of my page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You Bro You are wonderfully made

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Tutorial works on my blog, check it out http://delsublog.blogspot.com. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks, I find this post very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It works perfectly on my blog check it out @ www.leystradamus.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its not working on my blog,,,tried putting it almost every place but its not showing. My blog has 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try another template probably a default template.

      Delete
  21. Oqa Jide i need help oooo, i inserted it the way u explained above, buh its whowing on all the post on my home page and some of them are blank, how do i make it show on the post page only? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. oga jide can i place any other ads apart from adsense

    ReplyDelete
  23. i like it is really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  24. what command should i used if i want to display at the center of the post

    ==> If you want your ad to display at the right side inside your post
    ==> If you want your ad to display at the left side inside your post

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have tried this but the ad page is still blank and not displaying any ad both in the adsense widget and the method you share

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good Morning Mr Jide, wont i loose my blog content (i.e published post) if i revert to default?
    I have tried to place d ad code but it not displaying ad.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Goodmorning Jide, how are you? Google approved my account and I have added and positioned the add layout but no add is showing on my blog.

    Please what do I do? see the blog: http://computertechlinkers.blogspot.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete
  28. mehn u are the best godi...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. Bless you a million times Jide.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are a real TEACHER!

    ReplyDelete
  31. thank man it really worked for me

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Jide Ogunsanya i put my Adsense In The Middle of Post but it's showing an extra ad at the end of my posts too. Can you help me figure out why this is so? Pls check it out @ http://giznaija.blogspot.com.ng/2016/05/kaduna-refinery-shutdown-because-of.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks I just tried it on my blog www.heroesreallife.com and it worked....keep up the good job

    ReplyDelete
  34. this is really helpful thanks a lot but I followed every dtep you gave and after I pasted my code and saved it said error pls wat do I do

    ReplyDelete
  35. thanks boss
    this tips was alot useful to me
    more regards from the epicgist.com team

    ReplyDelete
  36. pls sir i have over 9000 views still nno adsense

    ReplyDelete
  37. My boss, your steps is what I am always following ever since I started blogging, although before now, i HAVE inserted the ads like yours in my blogger blog. This post look nice for audience. u can check my blog www.paulharrisgist.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
  38. Its really working on mine, thanks alot bro Jide, my URL is Naija Music Blog

    ReplyDelete
  39. Jide you are a blessing to the world of ICT microsofttut.com will always remain grateful

    ReplyDelete
  40. thanks ogbonge the post was helpfull

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank You for the post Post is informative but in my case @ http://www.androroot.com the ads only works when i have pasted above 4th

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hello Jide,

    How do I add adsense code to anywhere in my blog posts? I have tried several option like that of adding annotations.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks Mr. Jude, it really worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  44. ollivia6/08/2017

    My problem is how to make adsense display after first paragraph in mobile view. I have alredy gotten right it in desktop view. My help a sister here. Mr Jide?, Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Sir how much it will cost me me for web hosting with html

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks alot bro you just saved me from a long time headache

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous7/27/2017


    how can i generate this adsense code that is showing text ads under your title

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. change responsive option when generating it to link ads

      Delete
  48. this blog is helping me a lot
    thanks brother

    ReplyDelete
  49. pls i have copied and pasted the code in my blog html and is giving error and asking me to edit the code. what do i do here

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.