PayPal Account Sign Up With Nigeria IP Now Possible!


I'm very delighted to inform you that Paypal now accepts Nigerians i.e Nigeria is now listed on Paypal website.  This simply means you no longer have to change or hide your IP for you to open a Paypal account in Nigeria. You can now sign up for a Paypal account with Nigerian IP address.




This is now possible because Paypal now allows users from Nigeria and other countries from sub-Saharan Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America to use the online payment platform. This was announced in an interview on Monday by Rupert Keeley, the executive in charge of the EMEA region of PayPal, the payments unit of eBay Inc (EBAY.O).

As a the time of publishing this post, Paypal is only offering "send money" services for Nigerian users. This means you can only use your Nigeria Paypal account to pay for goods and services at Paypal-enabled merchant sites eg Addynamo.

For now, you can't receive payment directly with your Nigerian Paypal account because PayPal does not yet cover peer-to-peer transactions and has not yet enabled local merchants in the new markets to receive payments, nor is it offering other forms of banking services.

I created my new Nigerian Paypal account today and I've verified it with my GTB Naira Mastercard. I even used it to pay for advertising on Addynamo website after I successfully linked it to my card.

To get started, go to https://www.paypal.com/ng/

What's your take on this? Please, let me hear from you via comments.

Recommended:

How To use GTB Naira Mastercard To Verify Paypal Account 

How To Fund PayPal Account in Nigeria With Access Bank Visa Card




Comments

  1. Good news of course. I can now buy templates and join theme clubs with ease. So happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/18/2014

    Showed error yesterday while trying to add my card. Will try it again tonight though. Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/18/2014

    This is lovely o. It's a welcome development. Now I can pay for so many things. Hope very soon we'll be able to to recieve payment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the good news is that more Nigeria business men and women will have more options to do more secure transaction anywhere online and will no longer to check some top business to see if they accept Nigerians..

    Personally I have always been affected on my business most expecially ability to pay for some paid traffic, such solo ads, since most solo vendors only accept paypal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know this will affect your online business positively. Happy spending :)

      Delete
  5. Yeah...Working perfectly verified mine with gtb also

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confirmation. Happy Spending..lol

      Delete
  6. Boss! Can I use ATM Card to verify? as I dnt use Mastercard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the ATM card is a VISA or Mastercard. Why not get a Mastercard from GTB?

      Delete
  7. Anonymous6/19/2014

    I once sent a mail to paypal that not all Nigerians are scammers. I lost great discount on photography online courses. Now I am so happy its like Flying a Jet :) . Now I can wait till december to get great discounts ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used my UBA MasterCard, you can use your ATM card once it it MasterCard or Visa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!!! He work with my GTBank mastercard, i Confirm this too.. $1.95 charge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6/21/2014

    Hi! I used my gtb master card and it refer me back to the bank. Pls what should I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact your bank so they can tell you what to do.

      Delete
  11. Anonymous6/22/2014

    please the i.p address on my opera mini is showing my location as US, how do i go about signing up as a Nigerian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point the browser to : https://www.paypal.com/ng/

      Delete
  12. well done jide, please does the single ip policy of paypal which restricts a paypal acct to a single ip still stand?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6/28/2014

    can i still use mastercard at atm point after having verified same to paypal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course you can use it as you had been using it for your normal daily transactions, chances are that sooner or later, there might be recurring charges on the account linked to your Card with PayPal.

      Delete
  14. Me think the PayPal is useless except we can accept money with it. But I really need to pay for a service with a PayPal account. Just confused. I blame the Yahoo Yahoo boys! For this restriction, no be PayPa fault

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.