How To Use GTB Naira Mastercard To Verify Paypal Account in Nigeria


It’s no longer news - Paypal now accepts Nigerians without having to change IP. Although, Paypal doesn't yet allow peer-to-peer transactions for Nigerian users, at least for now, you can pay for products and services on sites that accept Paypal.

I've opened a Paypal account and verified it by linking it with my GTB Naira Mastercard (the GTB ATM card). I've decided to share the steps with you in this post.

How To Verify Paypal Nigeria Account With GTB Naira MasterCard


==> Go to https://www.paypal.com/ng/ and click on "Sign Up"

==> Click "Open an Account" for Individual account type

==> Fill in your details including a valid email address you've never used on Paypal.com.

==> Click the "Agree and Create Account" button

==> You might see a security challenge, type the characters you see in the image and click "Continue".

==> You will then be prompted to enter your card details. Enter the card number, the expiry date and the 3 digits at the back of the card in the spaces provided. Ensure the billing address matches the address you used to open your bank account. The same address is associated with your card.

==> Click "Continue" to proceed to your account.

==> Sign in to your email account and click on the verification link in the mail sent to you by Paypal. This might prompt you to enter your password for you to sign in to your Paypal account.

==> Once signed in, click the 'Get Verified" link or the "Link and confirm credit or debit card" link

==> You will be redirected to a new page to confirm your card for verification. The card type, the last four digits of the card to confirm and the billing address will be displayed. Click on "Continue" to proceed.

==> After clicking "Continue", Paypal will charge the card $1.95 (about N320) to make sure it's yours. Paypal will refund the money within 24 hours after you confirm your card.

==> Wait for the card statement (debit alert from your bank via sms or email) and you will see a 4-digit code associated with the Paypal charge.  Your SMS alert should include a line similar to:

The Naira equivalent of USD1.95 has been authorized for the transaction done on PP*0123CODE 0123456789FF

==> Once you have the 4-digit Paypal code (highlighted in yellow), log back in to your PayPal account and click "Confirm my debit or credit card".

==> Enter the 4-digit code from your card statement in the space provided and click "Confirm Card" button.



Enter Paypal code

If successful, you will see the confirmation message.


And your Paypal account status should now be verified as seen in the screenshot below:


Verified Paypal account


That's all.

You can now start using your Paypal account to make payments on sites that accept Paypal. No need worrying yourself about funding the Paypal account for now. When you use it to make payments, the credit or debit card linked to the Paypal account will be charged.

Have you been able to verify your Paypal account? Which bank card did you use? Please, let me hear from you via comments.

Please, tweet+1 and share this with friends.

Cheers!

Recommended: Fund PayPal Account in Nigeria With Access Bank Visa Card



Comments

  1. Thanks Jide. Will give it a try later today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Try it and hope it works for you

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6/19/2014

    I verified mine too with GTB card but have you been able to send payment with it Jide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I successful used it to load credit into my account at Addynamo.com

      Delete
  3. I wish it can be used for withdrawal soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one there boss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. but jide what if some one donot have masterscsrd, because i want register but i donot have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only master Card works for Nigerians. And if you want to get one, I suggest you use GTB. I've been enjoying them since the very first day I started using them even my DOM account I used for my adsese was opened for free. Try GTB! *smiles* Well done Jide Geekie!!

      Delete
    2. Open an account at GTBank to get a mastercard or open an account with Access bank to get a Visa card.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6/19/2014

    Am havin little problem wit the verification, do I need to activate the card for online bankin first bcus its keep on tellin me dat my bank dnt allow d verify.. Am confuse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so. Try activating it for internet transactions.

      Delete
  7. Nice one Jide. Thanks.
    Still waiting for my bank (gtb) to debit the $1.95 so I can get the code. Apart from that it's a really straightforward process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received the debit alert including the code within 30 minutes after clicking the "confirm debit card" link

      Delete
  8. Can we Withdraw Money from There?

    i ve heard Its Not available for the now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not available for now. For now, you can only use it to make payments on sites that accept Paypal

      Delete
  9. sommie6/19/2014

    Hi jide, what do you mean by 'peer-to-peer transactions'?

    ReplyDelete
  10. jide thanks and God bless you i believe this tutorial will help nigeria to understand alot to open paypal easy and verify i will give it try and open my paypal account soon and verify with my Gtb mastercard thanks .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6/19/2014

    Can I verify my Paypal account with GTB Dollar Master Card? What did you put as your Postal Code when registering?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can try it. I used the postal code for my location. You can get your using the online NIPOST post code finder.

      Delete
  12. Thanx egbon jide....@peepz,check my blog out- www.frabidel.com ,o really talenu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was the message i received from paypal.The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue. jide what will i do; thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure you have enough funds on the card? Is the card a Mastercard or VISA? I hope it's not a Verve card

      Delete
  14. Anonymous6/20/2014

    HELLO JIDE. PAYPAL WAS UNABLE TO ACCEPT MY FIDELITY VISA CARD. I GOT A MESSAGE ' THE PAYPAL CREDIT CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.PLS TRY AGAIN LATER'' WHY SHOULD IT BE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe server issues. You can try again later.

      Delete
  15. Thanks. This is good news. I will give it a trial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous6/20/2014

    Am having same error as soft works using first bank MasterCard. Want to agree is server issue.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6/20/2014

    I have received an alert from my bank (GTB) for $1.95 charged on my card with the 4-digit code. When I login back to confirm the card, it says "We're sorry, but we're waiting for another member to finish linking this credit card to a PayPal account. Please try again in 5-7 days."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous6/20/2014

    just registered sire,waiting to be verified,never used a paypal before but i think this real cool...no more account suspension from foreign hosts..lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous6/23/2014

    so if just for only payment ? paypal don't still believe in Nigerians o. so this is an avenue for us to spend our money but not an avenue to earn. no need

    ReplyDelete
  20. : Is it possible to verify my Fidelity bank visa card via PayPal?

    Cos I tried to.. But d four pin is what I can't find

    ALERT:
    AC:**4862
    DESC: VISA PUR @ 00000001-PP*41
    DT: 20-06-14 13:44
    AMT: N320DR
    BL: N5,134.53CR
    CALL 01-4485252 FOR ENQUIRIES

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous7/03/2014

    HOW WILL YOU ADD MONEY TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT FOR MAKING ONLINE PAYMENTS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous7/14/2014

    when I try to link my naira mastercard with paypal it will be writing ''the bank that issue this card did not approve this transaction...''I have contacted the bank but they seem not to know what's the issue.pls can you help me,maybe i'm missing something.(all my info are correctly supplied)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tanx Jide for ur writeup, well I also used a GTB mastercard to activate mine and after d transaction, hours later a debit alert was sent and d bal I had was like 300 naira short, I want to know if there were any bank charges taken from you when you did yours. Hoping for a reply soon

    ReplyDelete
  24. how can receive money through the same paypal account?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous9/25/2014

    can i recieve payment in my verified 9ja paypal account?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous10/13/2014

    can first bank master card works?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous11/11/2014

    Please I opened my Paypal account today but unable to verify the account. I entered my GTB card details to get it verified but was denied. I was asked to contact my card issuer (i.e my bank). Please I want to ask if the hackers won't have access to my bank details by supplying my card information online. I am always afraid of this yet I want to be an online guru like you. My email is gracealabi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mr Jide they deducted about N334.75 from my account and it has been verified. Unfortunately tz been 4days and they haven't returned the money back!.. Any info?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks bro
    is it only GTB Bank can one Verify It?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice piece and thanks for sharing. I just opened my PayPal account now, but seems there's an update or changes compared to your tutorial above, because i was asked to enter my card details immediately I was registering and when I finished, I didn't get any verification email in my inbox, but when I logged into my PayPal account, I saw "Account Type: Premier | Status: Verified..."

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous3/19/2015

    I have been debitted for the naira equivalent of $1.95 but there is no 4digit code but only shown as a POS transaction on my statement of account since about 2months ago,therefore I cant verify as to be able to do transactions for which I decided to open the Paypal account.Is the Card Statement where I am to get the 4digit code different from my account statement?If yes,how do I get the card statement,If no when will I get the 4digit code,very frustrating indeed. Kindly assist

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous4/14/2015

    I used my Zenith Bank's master card. Thank

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you Jide. I just confirmed my PayPal account. I'm waiting for the code to be sent to me. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous11/24/2015

    very helpful...Thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  35. HELLO I'VE DONE EVERYTHING ABOUT PAYPAL AND I WANT TO PAY FOR TUITION FEES AND I WANT TO KNOW IF THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE ME AT CENTRAL BANK RATES???

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hello sir, i have a GTB atm card, but its a debit card. Do they accept debit cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr. Jide! Is it true that one cannot use savings account debit master card for Paypal linkage? I use GTB.

      Delete
  37. hello sir, paypal isn't accepting the postcode i got as it is only numbers. How do i proceed

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have money in my account but it still says This card is not accepted. Please use a different card., what do i do?

    ReplyDelete
  39. What exactly is the "billing address"? I tried both my house and email addy, no result

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Jide, I tried sending money with my Paypal account linked to my Access Bank Debit Master Card but they keep telling that I can't send money using the card and that I should try again using another card. Please, what could be the problem? Are Nigerians not allowed to use paypal anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.