Blogger Pages Tabs Linking To External web Address Not Working? The Solution


While scanning through my Blogger blog to see if something is broken, I noticed that the Pages tabs linking to external web addresses are not working. If I click the tabs, nothing happens and if I right-click to open their links in new windows, they lead to dead links.


When I checked my Pages Editor, I saw:



instead of



As you can see, the label link has been replaced by javascript:;

While trying to find a solution, I stumbled on a post on the Known Issues for Blogger blog where Blogger announced that they are aware of the issue and working on fixing it as soon as possible.

So, What Is The Solution?

Instead of waiting for Blogger to automatically fix the problem, I decided to edit the tabs and replace the "javascript" with the respective links of the tabs.

I viewed my blog, clicked on the tabs and everything now works fine.

So, if you are experiencing similar problem, edit your tabs.

Are you facing the same problem? Have you been able to resolve the issue after following this tutorial? Please,let me know via comments.

If you do not know how to create and link tabs to external web addresses, read: "How to add tabs to Blogger header section".

Cheers!



Comments

  1. Worked perfectly. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was helpful. Never knew this thing is up but I'll go check all tabs on my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/02/2012

    Thank you.it worked..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We Love To Hear From You But Don't Spam Us With Links!

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the "Notify Me" box.

If your comment is unrelated to this post or you're trying to ask question about an old post, please drop it at our discussion platform here.

THANKS.